Wednesday, July 19, 2006

busy times indeed

in the last week, I have:

- baked my first ever loaf of bread,
- installed & got running - Apache, PHP5.0 & MySQL on my localhost,
- had enjoyable e-mail contact with a jolly nice chap who writes a bloody good blog,
- wrote a quote for a life-changing amount of money (relative to my life & remember, I don't get out much),
- helped a disabled woman back into her leg because she was sooo pissed that she fell over horrifically in a bar and was too wasted to (a) get up (b) deal with it & (c) re-attach the aforementioned artifical leg.

It's been a funny ol' week...

2 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Was the disabled woman legless?

And forget e-mails - in future just send me freshly baked bread.

1:38 pm  
Blogger Captain Fargon said...

The first line of that list implies more than really happened i.e. actually, I was looking after a friends house and *just* used his breadmaker... (I was a wee bit adventurous in that I used the timer for an overnight bake - and then went to bed wondering if it was possible to set a breadmaker on fire by mis-programming).

As I've now learnt, these machines make breadmaking a doddle (and they seem pretty fireproof), but, I've also realised that, a few days ago, I couldn't have told you 'exactly' what goes into the making of a loaf of bread.

On the way home tonight, I bought 2 sachets for a breadmaker (sunflower seed & a mixed grain version) which is good - but, I now need to go and buy a breadmaker!

Which one do you want, should I send it to the 'celebrity end' of Brighton? ;)

10:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home