Thursday, June 29, 2006

a whinge, 8,000 women in bra's & an 'adios amigo'...

Well there goes the blog award, eh - unless there is a category for 'flying start with a dribbly middle and a complete & utter collapse by the end...'.

Things are normally kinda hectic for me around this time of the year, but this period of work has really eclipsed all former years. It's a pity because the weather in the UK has been absolutely fabulous recently and for the whole bloody time, I've had my face glued to a computer screen and my, ever-widening, arse stuck in this chair. My engagement with summer thus far, has have included a few trips to the bank and a weekly trip to take out the rubbish!

A couple of weeks ago I had to do 38 hours work between the Friday night & following Monday morning. Tiring stuff indeed, felt like I had the hangover without going to the party. But there are good times ahead - in a fit of organisation I pre-ordered some tickets for an upcoming festival in this neck of the woods. In my enthusiasm, I booked tickets for (no clues to my age here):
- Demetri Martin
- Bill Bailey
- Dylan Moran
- an acoustic evening with Howard Jones
- & an evening chat by Tony Robinson

Last Saturday night I'd been to a friends place watching some footy when, on the return route home, I decided to come through the heart of town (which I never normally do). I'm glad I did because as I turned the corner onto a main thoroughfare, at half past midnight or something, I was greeted by the sight of 8,000 women walking towards me in the bra's (or quasi-bra's)!

I actually had my camera with me but all of the pictures are rubbish. It was quite dark and trying to hand hold a camera for 0.5sec shosts in the middle of a 'heaving' crowd (that pun must be worth an award alone), was never going to work - and it didn't...


Finally, to cap this brief update, there is a very good friend who is leaving the country in a few days... for good - so it goes. It is jolly sad that he is going and the gravity of it all has not really sunk in yet. He has been a bloody good mate and on behalf of us all I wish him well with his future endeavours. Good luck & strap it on Biggles, see you on Saturday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home