Thursday, June 01, 2006

Wunderbar...

Staggering around a Supermarket last weekend, due to a teensy-weensy bit of over-indulgence on the previous day ('nuff said - my lawyers are dealing with all enquiries "you can't believe everything you read in the paper"), I found myself in all sorts of interesting aisles...

With a vacant stare, bad breath and a throbbing head, one is in the right state of mind to womble around a great big store to see what capitalist delights await. Admittedly, when I found myself in the dog food section staring at the truly staggering range of doggie delights, I had to ask myself a few questions - "why am I here?", "what am I looking for?" and "which dog food looks the best?". In all reality though, I could have saved myself a lot of mental effort if I'd just remembered that I don't actually have a dog, and... perhaps... I should just move on.

When I finally got the departure lounge - well it might have been a checkout, but it felt like a departure lounge to me, I was uncompromisingly reminded that World Cup fever is upon us (or those of 'us' who care anyway). Standing tall by the counters were big pallets of beer - not only beer, but beer with German writing on it.
Now my phone camera doesn't do the display justice (with its 0.000000000000003 MB lens), but it was handsome pile of beer indeed (even to someone with a hangover). I had to laugh at the German text which proudly stated "Das Tennents Lager is WUNDERBAR".

A hearty sentiment indeed except, if you ask me, it should have said "Das Tennents lager tastes like a subtle blend of detergent water, perservatives and other gut-wrenching chemicals, but, on a slightly more positive note... it is bloody cheap"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home