Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Oh what a week

I was watching the film 'Bobby' (chronicling the events at the Ambassador Hotel and the last day of Robert Kennedy, prior to his assassination) on the flight back from Japan, not so long ago. More recently, I've just chalked up another birthday and the two events combine to remind me of something that I'd noted when I was a much younger.

It was quite a week on planet Earth in the time around when I was born - none of which, admittedly, was related to me. In chronological order, the following happened:

- 4 days before I was born, Kylie Minogue was born (alright, perhaps not the biggest of newspaper sales on this one)
- the day before I was born Hellen Keller died
- the day after I was born Andy Warhol was almost fatally shot (never recovered in some ways)
- A couple of days after I was born Robert Kennedy was shot, dying a short period of time later

Kinda busy week for the newsreaders.

Astute readers of this blog will have done some age calculations by now and be able to understand why, on occasion, I have said that "I was shitting myself when man walked on the moon...".

Which, whilst very true, needs to be appreciated in the 'literal' rather than 'emotional' sense. Presumably, I was also sucking my thumb, crawling across the floor and facing the wrong way as a man made a small step & giant leap for mankind...

Well, that was a giant leap for 6 years, until they cancelled the whole firkin' space program!

1 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

No wonder your birth didn't make the front page of The Times. But still, only eleven months to go til your mid-life crisis - it's something to look forward to.

Good to have you back!

2:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home