Thursday, February 23, 2006

new book

Got a new book at the library today "Yellow Dog" by Martin Amis. A friend had recommended him to me in 1988, so I thought I had better get around to reading one of his books. Thanks Dane - wherever you are. Oddly enough I met his brother by accident in Europe once, many years later, and we travelled around in my Combi together for a few months. There was another girl with us too for quite a while and, I believe, they subequently got married... so it goes...

He'd also recommended Hunter S Thompson & Kurt Vonnegut as well, of whose books I did get around to reading (in less than 2 decades)... so it goes...

For someone who prides themself on not reading novels, I seem to be reading a lot of them recently... so it goes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home