Tuesday, January 10, 2006

telly blunder...

As the evening was drawing on, I'd already decided to work on through to the early hours of the Monday morning. Some background distraction was definitely required to keep my Gemini brain occupied while I did my accounts - so I trawled through the Radio Times to see what the telly-dribble there was on offer later on...

Low and behold I stumbled across this little number:


I hadn't heard of it at all and, frankly, found the title a bit off-putting, but I do enjoy a good bit of history.

As I read the blurb I was intrigued - a woman, with children, who departs 11th century England for Morocco (very much into the heart of Moorish Islam at that stage). As I thought about it a while I was beginning to scratch my head, wondering "really, that means she must be fleeing a few years after William the Conquerer invaded England". Wow, that must be quite some film (or, at the least, if it was a crap film it would be covering some interesting ground - literally).

So I settled in for a few hours of work and looked forward to an enjoyable late night movie that would keep me company in the early hours (since they've darn well stopped playing NFL on Ch5. I'm not biased, I appreciate sports from all countries even though currently I'm in the UK). Finally, 20-to-midnight rolls around and I flick on the box - only to discover that it's actually a story about an Englishwoman who escapes life in the UK with her two daughters, to adventure in Morocco in the... 1970's...

- twat -

*sigh*, semi-watched it anyway while working on ( slightly more dejectedly)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home